It’s finally time! You want to sell your home this Spring. NOW is the time to get ready. After our stormy winter, contractors are already very busy, so it’s important to get started on your to-do list.
Your To-Do List
Before you become overwhelmed, take these steps and your plans will fall into place.
1. Meet with your agent. Sadie and her team at RealNW Group are ready to help you make the most of your time and money when getting ready to sell. Let them help you decide what the most important details are.
2. Order a whole house inspection. We highly recommend that all of our sellers have a whole house inspection. This gives you a chance to find out what’s going on with the house and where you should focus your attention/money to ensure a quick sale and avoid surprises later.
3. Get to work! Start now to make sure you have time to get things done. Make a list of all the projects and who can help you. Ask friends and family to pitch in. (If they help you now, you’ll help them next summer with their big yard project!)
4. Hire Contractors. Our team has relationships with local builders, contractors, roofers, gardeners, and others to help you get your projects done well and in a timely fashion.
Follow this Timeline
Use this rough timeline to help you get a handle when things need to be done.
3 months/12 weeks away from putting house on the market
• Meet with your agent
• Identify key features of your home to market
• Whole house inspection ordered
• Plan repairs and updates
2 ½ months/10 weeks out:
• Receive inspection, parse out details of what MUST be done and what you WANT to do.
• Call contractors for bids
• Set a budget
• Begin DIY fixes
2 ¼ months/9 weeks:
• Receive bids and hire contractors
• Meet with agent as needed to keep updated on the market and to update them on your progress; discuss staging strategies
• Clean up your property
• Remove clutter inside and out (consider staging strategies)
• Talk with your neighbors (Do they want to buy your home? Know someone who does? For safety, let them know who will be around working on your home.)
2 weeks before putting house on market
• Finalize staging with your agent.
• Schedule photoshoot and review marketing materials with your agent.
Get Your House on the Market!
What’s next? The nuts and bolts of selling your home. Come back soon for more!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net, Suriya Kankliang