So, it’s time to move? Moving is one of the most stressful times of our lives, but a little planning can help reduce that stress.
Try following these simple steps to limit the MOVING DAY chaos :
- If you plan on using a moving company, call and set up plans 4-6 weeks (or longer) ahead of moving day.
- Buy plenty of boxes from your local building supply store (you can return ones you don’t use).
- Buy good quality packing tape (no, not the masking tape you used last summer during your painting project).
- Find/Buy 2-3 big permanent markers (they always seem to go missing under piles).
- Pack an essential box of things you’ll need just before and after you move, including cleaning supplies. Other things to pack: change of clothes, toiletries, snacks, and an emergency roll of toilet paper.
- Pack and label each room as you go. Keep boxes for each room together and have them delivered to the appropriate room on the other end, to make it easier to unpack.
- Call electricity, gas, garbage, tv/internet companies two or three days in advance to schedule services to be turned off at current location, and turned on in new place on moving day (or the day before just in case there are issues).
- Mail in change of address forms about a week before you move.
- Clean/defrost refrigerator and clean your stove before you move – the new owners will be thankful!
Come visit us at our new location: 313 E 8th Avenue, across from the new Whole Foods!